Holidays are very important for everyone. It helps in relaxing one’s body and mind. It is also the time when you bond more with your family, friends and relatives.
There are many people who love pets. Even while holidaying they would like to take their pets together with them. While holidaying with pets, it is important to choose an accommodation that is pet friendly.
The tastes and preferences of people are very different while selecting the holiday spots. However, there are certain common things that everyone would wish to have, like good scenic beauty, interesting places to visit, sports to get involved in and finally a comfortable holiday accommodation to rest at the end of the day.
But when you are holidaying with your pets, the accommodation should have no compromise. Not all the accommodations permit the stay of pets. It is better to confirm beforehand if the hotel allows the stay of pets. There are a few hotels that not only allow the stay of pets, but also provide several amenities for pets, like day care, pet play-areas, walking services and grooming services for your pets etc. Some hotels even provide menus especially for the pets, like serving the food in a special pet bowl, bottled water, placemat, chew toy etc.
The following are certain tips that can make your stay pleasant and comfortable:
• Acquaint your pet with the management and the hotel staff.
• Always carry the proof of holidays that your pet has already had.
• Have an identification proof or mark for identifying your pet easily.
• Whenever you leave the hotel for sightseeing, always make sure that you leave your pet on the leash.
• Do clean up after having a walk with your pet.
• If you are leaving your pet in the hotel room then make sure that it is put properly inside the crate or left inside the washroom.
• Always carry with you all the necessary items of your pets, like food bowl, blanket and bed and chew toys, to help them cope up with the strange surroundings.
• You can feed your pets in the bathrooms to avoid mess on the carpet.
It is usually observed that the dogs are well behaved than the children and are good travellers. The new environment and strange experiences can make your dog more dependent on you. He will certainly stick to you and obey all that you say. You will feel that it is easy to manage your pet while holidaying than at home. Hence, the responsibility of their good behaviour is solely on you. You are simply required to take good care of your pets, anticipate and provide them with all they want. They shall surely cooperate with you and make your holiday a memorable one.